Aljazeera Media Network “Aljazeera” recognizes and supports the need for reasonable protections regarding the privacy of personal “human resources” data collected by Aljazeera through the employment relationship.
For this reason, Aljazeera has adopted the following principles:-
1. The types of information requested from you and the manner in which that information is collected and assessed are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside.
2. Any information about you which is obtained by Aljazeera during the recruiting process may be retained by Aljazeera for purposes of considering your qualifications for employment, as well as for more general management and research purposes, Aljazeera may send your information to a department or office other than the one in which you may have initially been interested in obtaining employment. This may include a department or office located anywhere in the world where Aljazeera does business from time to time.
3. If Aljazeera Network does not employ you, Aljazeera may nevertheless retain and use this information so as to be able to consider your qualifications later if a suitable position becomes available and, if appropriate, refer back to this if you submit a resume or other information to Aljazeera again in the future, as well as for more general management and research purposes.
4. All hiring decisions are made exclusively by the entity which will ultimately employ any successful candidates.
5. The ways in which Aljazeera collects and uses personal data, including your rights of access to and correction of your personal data, are regulated by Aljazeera’s Policies and regulations
6. Aljazeera will retain your personal information only for as long as it is needed, in accordance with its HR’s Policy and the provisions of applicable law.
7. Additional personal information you supply for administrative purposes related to the interview process (e.g. recruit reimbursement expenses) will be shared with only those who are involved in the process and have a need to know. As Aljazeera does business in many different countries, this may involve transfer and storage of your data to other countries in which Aljazeera operates where this is necessary to perform the needed business activity. Aljazeera has taken steps to ensure your personal data is protected, held and used securely and in accordance with Aljazeera’s HR Policy.Data Privacy Statement
8. With your permission, Aljazeera may verify your details or request information about you from other sources such as referees and Aljazeera personnel.
9. By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. You understand that any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment
10. By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above.
11. You will be notified accordingly if we decide to use your information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
In following the above Principles, Aljazeera complies with the applicable laws and regulations protecting the privacy of personal data in the employment relationship in the jurisdictions in which Aljazeera operates.
You may read this Statement at any time by visiting the career section of our website.